L2 released an animated video along with its first Intelligence Report on Instagram this morning. Here are a few highlights from the clip:
– Instagram reached 150 million users in three years, half the time it took Twitter and two years faster than Facebook.
– Instagram had the strongest year-on-year growth of all mobile platforms in 2013, 66%.
– 93% of prestige brand are present on Instagram compared to 63% in July.
– Pinterest, the “other” visual platform often compared to Instagram, is a third of the size and its users spend a third of the time on the platform.
– The successful launch of Instagram ads and video could transform it into a media company with more revenue than Twitter.
– Instagram is possibly the best tech acquisition of the past five years and Tumblr is arguably the worst.