L2 released an animated video along with its first Intelligence Report on Instagram this morning. Here are a few highlights from the clip:
– Instagram reached 150 million users in three years, half the time it took Twitter and two years faster than Facebook.
– Instagram had the strongest year-on-year growth of all mobile platforms in 2013, 66%.
– 93% of prestige brand are present on Instagram compared to 63% in July.
– Pinterest, the “other” visual platform often compared to Instagram, is a third of the size and its users spend a third of the time on the platform.
– The successful launch of Instagram ads and video could transform it into a media company with more revenue than Twitter.
– Instagram is possibly the best tech acquisition of the past five years and Tumblr is arguably the worst.
L2 emails keep you up to date on how brands are leveraging digital to grow their businesses.
Join Our EMail List