Last week, L2 released an animated video along with the Digital IQ Index: Specialty Retail study. A few highlights:
– In the past three years, retailers have seen steady erosion across site metrics. Time on site is down by over a minute. Bounce rates are up 20% and conversion rates have shrunk by 25%
– Yet, influence is moving online. Consumers are researching on online channels and buying at physical stores. 69% of U.S. consumers webroom while only 46% showroom.
– Retailers have been slow to adapt. For example, 33% allow inventory check on PCs and tablet but only 14% have extended the feature to mobile phone.
– All but three of the brands in L2’s Specialty Retail Index are increasing their brick-and-mortar footprint.
– Sephora is the standalone Genius brand in the study for the third year in a row as it continues to reimagine multichannel retail. Gifted brand and third in the Index is American Eagle, who collaborated with 80 bloggers.
L2 emails keep you up to date on how brands are leveraging digital to grow their businesses.
Join Our EMail List