L2 released an animated video along with the inaugural Digital IQ Index: Food this week. A few highlights:
– Currently, e-commerce accounts for just 3.3% of online sales, but that number could reach 17% in 2023.
– 38% of grocery shoppers spend half of their planning time online and 1/3 check for email offers before heading to the store. Once in store, 90% research items on their phone. Of those, 37% search for recipes, 24% look for promotional offers and 19% search for nutritional information.
– 11% of brands offer direct-to-consumer e-commerce and 8% hand off to partners.
– In the 2013 holiday season, 86 million U.S. consumers visited recipe sites and 73% of Food brands advertised on or co-sponsored recipes on a top recipe site.
– Betty Crocker’s recipe site has 4 million unique monthly visits, and its Android and iOS apps have been downloaded more than half a million times.
– Newer brands are using digital to leapfrog past big conglomerates. Chobani, founded in 2005, holds more of the yogurt market share than Yoplait and Dannon and is ranked 7th of 80 brands in the Digital IQ Index: Food.
L2 emails keep you up to date on how brands are leveraging digital to grow their businesses.
Join Our EMail List