Today, we released our first EU Hair Care & Color supplement, the second in a series of EU-focused addenda to our Digital IQ Index reports. This installment examines the digital performance of 53 global Hair Care & Color brands over the past year in five key European markets: France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. This supplement includes trend analyses (both within each country and across all five), identification of best practices, as well as ‘Flash of Genius’ brand case studies. Unlike the majority of our reports, this EU Supplement does not include brand benchmarking, though we did exercise the same methodology throughout–assessing brands’ digital competence across Site, Digital Marketing, Social Media and Mobile.
Select data highlights:
- Just 12 percent of Hair Care & Color brands’ sites are mobile-optimized.
- Spain’s YouTube channels are growing faster than those of any other EU-5 country, with a 62 percent increase in views, on average, over the last 3 months.
- Hair Care & Color brands own 50 percent of Google search results in France, compared to 36 percent in the U.S.
- Many brands rely on third party retailers for the fulfillment and shipping of online sales in EU-5 markets, which does not allow for a streamlined shopping experience for the customer or further data capture on shopping patterns for the brand.
- Only 19 percent of the 53 brands have French Facebook pages, despite the fact these communities are the largest and fastest-growing among the EU-5 countries.
To download an excerpt of this new supplement, which includes 11 pages of original infographics and research highlights, click here. For more of L2’s Europe-focused research, please download an excerpt of our EU Beauty Supplement, our European Specialty Retail report, and our European Niche Fashion study. For more findings not found in this Hair Care & Color excerpt, check the blog regularly for supplement-related posts.