L2 released today the Digital IQ Index: Japan & Korea luxury. MCM topped 68 luxury brands in the Korea Index and Uniqlo was ranked No. 1 of 70 brands the Japan Index. Here’s why:
- Uniqlo has built a sophisticated site with robust product customization tools, advanced search functionality and good content integrated with commerce.
- Uniqlo is the most searched-for brand in Japan, on mobile and desktop, with over two million monthly searches.
- Uniqlo consistently launches innovative digital campaigns like the Lucky Line.
- Uniqlo is social. It is one of the 11% of brands in the Japan Index to utilize YouTube and has the largest Facebook community of all.
- MCM has high visibility on local search engines such as Naver and local social platforms like KakaoTalk, places few Western brands in Korea venture.
- MCM invests in search visibility, and is one of two brands to extend its efforts to Daum.
- MCM is one of three brands in the Korea Index to maintain a channel on YouTube.
- Understanding the importance of user-generated content MCM collaborates with leading fashion bloggers, asking them to style its upcoming lines.