The Global Digital Marketing department communicates the brand experience through digital activations, social media, strategic partnerships and promotions, and facilitates online brand exposure to the customer.
The Associate Manager will report to the Associate Director, Global Digital and will serve as key liaison between the Global Digital team and digital marketing stakeholders in a few key APAC markets – Korea, Australia, and New Zealand. She/he partners with stakeholders in assigned markets to develop an overarching digital strategy and ongoing communication strategies across all digital channels to drive our brand’s growth in the digital space (e.g., key product launch or brand campaigns). This role drives collaboration with assigned markets on all digital activities including content site marketing, digital advertising, digital content, and influencer management and strategies.
The Associate Manage partners with the internal Creative team to elevate our brand DNA in local markets incorporating market-specific insights on consumer trends, new technologies, best practices, and innovations from direct competitors or other industry leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Digital Marketing Strategy and Leadership
• Develop global digital strategy to reflect and modernize brand DNA, deliver relevant, cohesive brand messaging to the consumer, and increase sales traffic in assigned markets
• Provide thought-leadership on social- and mobile-first thinking by scouring the APAC markets to bring new ideas, trends, and innovations to re-establish brand relevance
• Provide guidance to local digital teams ensure strategic alignment on digital growth
• Advise on regional digital activation, budget planning, content strategy, and measurements
• Collaborate with digital leads in assigned markets to implement global digital strategy and best practices
• Establish digital platforms and measurements that align with Global digital growth and local business objectives
• Review digital performance by channel and partner with local team to implement tactics to improve performance
• Provide recommendations on key digital initiatives; digital marketing calendar; digital marketing budgets; and team hire
• Organize and provide guidance and materials for APAC annual digital workshop
• Develop strong knowledge and know-hows on Korean digital beauty platforms (Naver, Kakao talk, Kakao Plus, and etc.) and act as the source of K-Beauty at the Global team
Global Digital Campaigns
• Develop creative briefs that define business objectives, consumer insights, and primary messaging for new digital marketing campaigns (such as product launches)
• Creative campaign development, implementation, and optimization (e.g., social listening, contests, influencers, social-first content creation, analytics reporting)
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop innovative marketing programs that include elements of earned, owned, and paid media.
• Contribute with the ideation of digital tactics that are scalable from large to small markets / budgets.
• Partner with project managers to drive campaign execution / asset development to ensure alignment between internal and international partners.
• Drive adoption of marketing campaigns within all international markets.
• Lead in planning for yearly digital workshop in APAC
• Assist in planning for yearly marketing conference in San Francisco
• Provide thought-leadership on the Global digital team about the digital landscape in Korea and key markets in Oceania
• Lead educational efforts on media platforms, digital advertising products, and best practices to influence media budget planning in assigned markets
• Meet with key channel partners (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Kakao and etc) to develop understanding the growth of the channel and develop best practices for the markets
All other duties as assigned.
· A minimum 3-5 years of experience working in Korea and in the US focused primarily on digital campaigns for local/international brands; considerable experience in marketing in Korea and a strong general understanding of the Korean market
· Strong understanding on consumer marketing (preferably in the Beauty industry) and know how to set strategy and then execute flawlessly
· Experience in working with cross-functional partners, stakeholders and executives at all levels
· Able to operate autonomously, can comfortable making and being accountable for big decisions, and is motivated by an internal drive for excellence
· Speak and write Korean and English fluently and are effective communicating in both languages.
· Share information openly and proactively- building strong relationships in and out of Benefit Cosmetics
· University degree and fully bilingual (English /Korean) language skills