Clarins, a leading worldwide European skincare and luxury fragrance company, has always been based on the notion of knowing how to listen to our customers and create the most amazing journey with them in mind. When joining Groupe Clarins, you not only grow professionally, you grow as an individual. As part of the Clarins family committed to responsible development, you will help create unforgettable brand experiences for our prestige skin care, make-up and fragrance divisions.
Clarins is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Marketing – Makeup & Mens, Clarins USA. This position reports to the Executive Director, Marketing and is based in our New York City office.
Role Mission: Develop marketing strategies and programs to drive growth in support of brand objectives while delivering on time and with excellence. Supervise, coach and develop Marketing Coordinator and Intern to ensure completion and execution of all projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze NPD identifying key trends and communicating to cross functional departments.
- Lead weekly sales updates to management; track sales results vs. goals and react to changing retail dynamics. Track sell through on new product launches.
- Conduct store visits on a regular basis; stay on the pulse of competitive activity online and instore for the makeup category and update the team and management.
- Support US and Paris management on any category specific analysis as needed.
Brand Strategy/ Launches
- Work with Executive Director & SVP on the execution of the new product launches and support.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners, both internal and external, to develop meaningful programs to support key launches from an omni-channel perspective.
- Review global programs and forecast all new product launches (product, samples, collateral, promotional tester units). Manage launch P&L.
- Oversee the timeliness and accuracy of all paperwork regarding new launches (i.e. field mailings, creative requests, project briefs and launch summaries)
- Present to retailers, external and internal business partners and the sales team as needed.
- Manage and oversee updates to relevant marketing collateral.
- Develop programs to support basic business as needed and oversee the execution of promotions.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify and manage yearly product phase outs/deletions
- Recommend pricing increases based on competitive review/analysis.
- Collaborate with PR and .com teams on various initiatives to ensure proper coverage and brand communication.
- Manage the day to day brand support budgets. Monitor all spending and anticipate future needs during annual planning. Report all spending discrepancies vs. budget.
- Manage updated piece projection report as requested
- Meet with DFC on a monthly basis to review forecast and product trends and manage inventory levels proactively,
- Work with DFC and cross functional teams in US and Paris in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure launch milestones and timelines are met for new products and basic business.
- Work with International counterparts in other regions as needed.
- Lead weekly status calls with Paris team on category topics. Proactively communicate issues on programs or timing to management.
- Work with Paris Brand team on timely execution of all launches (new or basic); liaise closely on all product launches, renovations and extensions. Communicate list of needs (product claims/visuals/samples, etc)
- Work closely with Creative team to oversee the development of assets in support of new product launches and basic business activities. Work with Marketing Coordinator to ensure creative requests, copy, routing and deadlines are met for all materials.
- Partner with Sales Admin to review and approve all co-op creative in a timely manner. Ensure brand guidelines are met.
- Work with Merchandising to update retailer planograms seasonally as product assortment shifts.
- Supervise, coach and develop Marketing Coordinator and Intern to ensure completion and execution of all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7-8 years of Marketing experience
- Color cosmetics experience or prestige beauty channel experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized, decisive and results oriented
- Must be proficient with Excel & PowerPoint for in-depth analysis, reports & presentations
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task in a dynamic, creative, challenging & fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Equal Opportunity Employer