Benefit Cosmetics is a successful cosmetics company experiencing significant worldwide growth. Our websites are one of our strongest digital outlets to increase brand awareness, and we are actively expanding our web presence and content globally. Although we are serious about growing the business, we never take ourselves too seriously – our motto is, “Laughter is the best cosmetic…so grin and wear it.”
The Site & Digital Experience Manager will drive the evolution of the Benefit websites and owned digital experiences to provide the best possible experience for our customers. This candidate will work closely with our digital leaders in developing a clear roadmap that aligns with our larger business priorities, then with various disciplines (i.e. designers, content creators, 3rd party vendors, ecommerce) on roadmap execution. This role also oversees site merchandising and content operations across 42 global websites.
Our ideal candidate is an “idea” person – someone who is passionate about building great digital experiences, who will advocate strongly for our customers’ needs, and who will proactively push our teams to think outside of the box. This person should also be comfortable working with data to help drive business priorities and requirements, and be a strong collaborator who can work well with cross-functional partners.
Essential duties and requirements:
- Develop and prioritize both short-term and long-term site/digital roadmap, including new functions, bugs, systems or tools. Be able to gauge site objectives, business impact, and effort level to help determine prioritization.
- Partner with Marketing and Content on new experiences to increase reach and engagement metrics.
- Clearly define user stories, business requirements, and detailed acceptance criteria to drive QA and regression testing.
- Gather data and requests from various sources (site analytics, customers, internal global and market teams, competitive space) and crystallize into concrete insights, opportunities, and roadmap enhancements.
- Work closely with Analytics on A/B site testing results, pre/post analyses of site KPIs and goals, as well as recommend clear next steps.
- Monitor advancements in ecommerce and digital space, as well as competitive landscape, for opportunities and new ideas to improve our customer’s digital experience.
Content & Site Merchandising
- Develop and define content calendar strategy that brings the Benefit brand, voice, and products to life across our websites and drives brand engagement.
- Partner with the Creative team to drive content evolution by synthesizing site testing results, monthly reporting of key metrics, competitive landscape, as well as customer feedback.
- Be the advocate for the customer to ensure product information is helpful and relevant.
- Be the champion of SEO across our sites, participate in a regular review and audit of search keywords, and initiate site updates to improve search results and increase website SEO ranking. Share SEO results on a monthly basis.
- Manage the Associate Web Producer to execute the content calendar and support market’s activities.
- Champion customer and stakeholder needs throughout program execution, ensuring that what is delivered meets the stated goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Development and QA to improve process for output, defining timelines, quality metrics, and accountability.
- Some project management of larger roadmap projects and/or vendors.
Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years previous experience in managing website or digital properties.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well as demonstrated by products you have built or projects you’ve successfully spearheaded.
- Intuitive grasp of customer and a drive to reach and satisfy customers
- Experience working with web content tools and/or development teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills – ability to draw conclusions from data and sales reports.
- Strong aesthetic sense and the ability to collaborate closely with Creative.
- Ability to work well across the organization and with 3rd parties.
- Experience working with global teams is highly preferred.
- College degree preferred