Clarins, a leading worldwide European skincare and luxury fragrance company, has always been based on the notion of knowing how to listen to our customers and create the most amazing journey with them in mind. When joining Groupe Clarins, you not only grow professionally, you grow as an individual. As part of the Clarins family committed to responsible development, you will help create unforgettable brand experiences for our prestige skin care, make-up and fragrance divisions.
Clarins is offering an exciting opportunity for a Social Community Manager. This position reports to the Director of Digital Media & Social and is based in our New York City office.
Role Mission: This position will play a critical role in the management of Clarins’ overall social media and influencer activities with the main goal of communicating the brand story while driving brand awareness, engagement, referral and advocacy. A strong ability to interpret and translate global brand strategies into programs appropriate for social media is required. The position will manage the day to day operation of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Pinterest) and influencer campaign with direction from the Director of Digital Media & Social.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage overall social media, content calendar and influencer program for the brand.
- Work with Digital Director and Global Social team to develop content concepts that are relevant and meet communication goals. Collaborate to create engaging content across platforms, including researching, writing, editing and posting. Create original content that is SEO optimized and engaging when not provided by Paris.
- Work with Marketing, Global Social Team, Ecomm, PR and Creative on developing an overarching content strategy across social/digital platforms, e-commerce, in store, etc.
- Develop new ideas, new programs and new ways of communicating with the consumer via compelling content that engages and inspires them to become brand advocates, while meeting corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
- Proactively engage consumers online to drive favorable brand conversations. Work with Marketing and PR teams to respond to questions, comments and related opportunities in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement an evergreen influencer strategy.
- Implement a “Promoted social post” buy with budgets on an ongoing basis.
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are using them and how they can be adapted for Clarins.
- Research and stay ahead of digital innovation, especially with fashion and beauty trends.
- Generate metrics reports using standardized tools and data to adjust strategy and recommendations.
- Demonstrate 24/7 approach to responsibilities.
- Manage Clarins Mag in terms of copy and Edit schedule. Work closely with Ecomm team.
- Digitally and socially savvy with a passion for digital innovation.
- Highly engaged in social networking sites. Active social media life.
- Demonstrated ability to execute social/digital campaigns.
- Exceptional project and analytical skills with experience in social and digital analytics (e.g. core metrics, google analytics, brand watch and social platform analytics).
- Strong working knowledge of digital media including display, search, social and mobile marketing/advertising.
- Knowledgeable in the e-commerce business landscape.
- Ability to analyze data, summarizing stories and insights for media, websites and social engagement strategies.
- BA or 4-year college degree required.
- 5-7 years’ of experience in general communications with at least 2 of those in online communications, at a media/digital organization.
- Expert in content development, channel optimization, brand consistency.
- Experienced with visual storytelling.
- Experienced with social media, content integration and influencer strategies.
- Branding/beauty/fashion/entertainment experience desirable.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain a strong rapport with internal and global teams as well as external vendors.
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment. Ability to execute programs and initiatives in a timely manner.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task, while maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication and ownership of tasks.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a passion for and proven history of successful brand storytelling across media.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent time management, analytical, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to create and execute plans.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer