L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research. L2 was founded in 2010 on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked to shareholder value. L2 member brands and consulting clients include prestige brands ranging from Estée Lauder and the Four Seasons to Labelux Group and Procter & Gamble.
L2 is looking to hire an outstanding analyst to join the Data Partnerships & Methodology Team. The team manages the continuous lifecycle of external data sources and determines the application, quality, use cases and deployment of these sources into L2’s research. This team manages all elements of data acquisition and usage from sourcing to education to deployment. In addition, this team works with internal technology teams to assist on scope, use cases, education, deployment and analytical methodology. The role requires a range of project management and analytical tasks touching all data types and teams across L2.
- Methodology Workshopping: Testing effects of changes to research methodology (requires familiarity with Excel)
- Knowledge Sharing & Training: Ongoing codification of internal L2 methodology as well as Data Partner methodologies for internal reference. Helping identify gaps in the research and client teams’ understanding of data sources and coordinating training sessions accordingly.
- Maintains Encyclopedic Knowledge of Data Partner Nuance: Serve as point person for frequently asked data partner questions and gradually build encyclopedic knowledge of these third party tools.
- Contract Management: Supporting ongoing relationship management with Data Partners (i.e. helping to coordinate new contract onboarding and renewals)
L2 is a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company looking to identify high performers and provides opportunities for candidates that demonstrate potential. We work hard. We play hard. And we love what we do.
- Excited about cross-team collaboration and learning how to communicate with both technical and nontechnical teams
- Organized–Able to keep multiple priorities in check and help the team keep track of upcoming deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills either via coursework or prior experience
- Understands the quantitative process for research and analysis and is passionate about the examination of how data in digital is disrupting marketing
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with third party data sources such as SimilarWeb or Pathmatics and tools like Tableau, Python, and/or SQL a plus
- Entrepreneurial—L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change
- Innovative—We are constantly looking to make L2 better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way
- Quick Learner—Things move quickly at L2 and we want folks who can keep up and drive our success
- A doer—Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm owned by Gartner, Inc. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
- 20 days vacation
- Bagel Mondays
- Unlimited Nespresso
- Friday catered team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi’s yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
- Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Applicants interested in this position will be routed to Gartner's online application system. Should we be interested in moving forward, we will contact you directly.