L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research. L2 was founded in 2010 on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked to shareholder value. L2 member brands and consulting clients include prestige brands ranging from Estée Lauder and the Four Seasons to Labelux Group and Procter & Gamble.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level Full Stack Developer with a passion for high quality and user-friendly software. As a Full Stack Developer at L2, you will be able to build powerful applications and rich interactive web applications that drive forward our sophisticated proprietary data and research. L2 is a digital marketing research company that aims to disrupt the traditional digital advertising space with real, consumer relevant experience measurement. Help us build a new core, data ecosystem for our digital research business. On our DataTech team, you will have a genuine team environment where you will have individualized career growth, empowerment to impact the organization with innovation, and enter a merit based atmosphere as an equal.
We’re looking for a passionate, creative Full Stack Developer who is excited about solving new problems. At L2, our current tech stack includes ReactJS ES6 with Redux and Babel/Webpack, CSS Modules and Sass, and a Express/NodeJS back-end. Further on the back end, we primarily use Python as well as AWS, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Redshift.
Skills & Requirements:
- 1-3 years of professional experience using Python (or similar).
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs.
- Strong SQL and database knowledge – particularly using PostgreSQL or Redshift.
- Strong AWS skills (RDS, Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, etc.)
- Experience with modern web and application development practices: continuous integration, scrum or agile development, distributed version control systems, test-driven development, don’t repeat yourself (DRY) frameworks, automated deployment and provisioning.
- Strong communication skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a good communicator.
- Experience working in a startup or startup like company or environment.
- Active Github, Bitbucket, StackOverflow profile.
We like to see (but not required):
- Any open source code or example projects that you’re proud of.
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software.
- Experience and knowledge with some of these additional technologies: ansible, docker, ubuntu, nginx, redis, celery, ipython, elixir, graphql
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm owned by Gartner, Inc. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
- 20 days vacation
- Bagel Mondays
- Unlimited Nespresso
- Friday catered team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi’s yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
- Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Applicants interested in this position will be routed to Gartner's online application system. Should we be interested in moving forward, we will contact you directly.