L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research. L2 was founded in 2010 on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked to shareholder value. L2 member brands and consulting clients include prestige brands ranging from Estée Lauder and the Four Seasons to Labelux Group and Procter & Gamble.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with a passion for building high quality and user-friendly software. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at L2, you will work collaboratively to create and support rich interactive web applications that help our internal users manage their data and research process. As a member of our team you will enter a fast-paced, challenging environment with the potential to make a large impact on the organization.
- We believe in tackling difficult questions/problems as a team in order to get to the best solution and we don’t hesitate to change our approach when a better idea is on the table.
- We practice code reviews and pair programming and are a team that takes pride in seeing our work through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs and iterating.
- We are a cross-functional team of engineers (front-end, back-end, full-stack, and data), product managers and data scientists.
Our current tech stack includes:
- ReactJS ES6 with Redux and Babel/Webpack
- CSS Modules and Sass
- Express/NodeJS back-end with several different database types including: PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redshift
- Python and AWS Lambda-based automated data pipeline system
We’re looking for a passionate, creative Full Stack Engineer who is excited about solving new problems and has the ability to lead our Front End initiatives. This role is for someone who wants to build great web applications, work closely with product to define and shape what’s possible and work closely with our back end team to deliver these products to our internal clients.
Skills & Requirements:
- A design eye to be able to digest mockups, visualize UIs, and pick and visually customize components to fit the look of the application.
- Experience with modern web and application development practices: continuous integration, scrum or agile development, distributed version control systems, test-driven development, don’t repeat yourself (DRY) frameworks, automated deployment and provisioning.
- Strong communication skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a good communicator.
- Experience working in a startup or startup like company or environment.
- Active Github, Bitbucket, StackOverflow profile.
- A leader interested in mentoring and managing junior engineers.
We like to see (but not required):
- Any open source code or example projects that you’re proud of.
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software.
- Ability to manage very execution-oriented work while also having a point of view on strategic topics.
- Entrepreneurial—L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change.
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm owned by Gartner, Inc. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
- 20 days vacation
- Bagel Mondays
- Unlimited Nespresso
- Friday catered team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi’s yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
- Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Applicants interested in this position will be routed to Gartner's online application system. Should we be interested in moving forward, we will contact you directly.