L2 released an animated video this week along with the Intelligence Report: Mobile & Tablet. A few highlights:
– Mobile Moment: the point in time when a site’s mobile traffic surpasses desktop.
– Most brands have not yet reached a Mobile Moment. Mobile and tablet browsing accounts for 31% of all site traffic. For retailers, mobile and tablet accounts for 11% of sales.
– However, U.S. internet users log more time on mobile devices than the PC. They spend 43% of their time on PCs versus 44% on smartphones.
– Smartphone users spend on average 15 hours a week researching products online, and are 5x more likely to convert in-store than on mobile. Therefore, the mobile opportunity lies in facilitating the consumers journey to the store rather than facilitating the mobile purchase.
– Brands are not taking advantage of that opportunity. Just 19% of brand surveyed link from mobile ads to store locators. 8% offer click to call, and 2% embed directions to the store.
– Tablets have 3x the conversion rate of smartphones, and TV viewers with a tablet in hand are 1.5x more likely to buy a product advertised on TV, compared to those holding a smartphone.
– Yet, brands have been slow to optimize for tablet. 90% of brand tablet sites lack swipeable image galleries and 14% have technical quirks.
For more on the mobile investments of 156 brands, download an excerpt of the Intelligence Report: Mobile & Tablet.
View More: http://goo.gl/IIk6LV
Signup for updates: http://goo.gl/kVJTQ3
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/l2-inc-
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/L2_Digital
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/l2inc